Wednesday, June 11, 2008

INSURANCE


I know that everyone has seen Parker's fixed knee before. But, I wanted to share some information about the insurance company with anyone that is interested in reading. First, let me start by telling about my girlfriends son. He was playing over at the neighbor's and a slide fell on him. He was really hurt and had to stay in the hospital for head injuries. They HAD medical insurance. A short time later, their insurance company asked where and when the injuries occurred. She told them at the neighbor's house. Her insurance company refused to pay for anything, until a claim was filed with the neighbor's home owner's insurance. The bill for the hospital was well in the tens of thousands of $$$. This sweet friend had to go to the neighbor and ask them to file a claim for her son on their home owner's policy.
Okay, so that was a long story. But, interestingly enough, after we had Park's knee fixed...I received a letter asking me where and when his injury occurred. I knew why they were asking this information. I didn't give them false information. But, I did neglect to share with them the location. They paid for his stitches. Nice of them, huh?

No comments: