
Kamarin went to Girls Camp this week....we missed her. I remember really enjoying going to camp when I was in Young Women's. (However, I know that one of my sisters HATED every second.) It was one of the places that the foundation of my testimony began. Girls Camp had a "Sweet is the Work" theme this year...our ward was the POP ROCKS. In line with the candy theme, her leaders asked the parents to choose 4 candies to give to our daughters. Each parent was instructed to write something about the candy & liken it to our Young Woman. I picked Starbursts, Hot Tamales, Milky Way's, and a Ghiradelli gold bar. This is the letter that was given to her along with her candy on Friday night.
STARBURSTS
I have chosen Starburst for my last candy. I felt that it was important for you to know that you can accomplish anything in this life. One of my favorite quotes, is: “Two people can accomplish anything, as long as one of them is the Lord.” Always reach for the stars!! Always reach for your Father in Heaven!! We are all sent to this earth to be tested. There is a sure way to “ace” the test and return to live with your Heavenly Father…obey the commandments, search the scriptures & pray diligently. If you rely on the Lord, you will attain all that he has in store for you. You are a CHOICE daughter of God. I know that you were saved to come down to the earth at this crucial time. The Lord has an important mission for you. I know that you will be faithful! I love you so much!!
**Mom

1 comment:
I hope she had fun! I love girls camp and thats the only time i cry. The spirit is so strong. Anyway again i hope she had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment