
Well, it hasn't wanted to get much better, since then. It really peaked over the last two weeks...when no matter how many treatments we did, he still wouldn't stop wheezing. So, I took him in to the doctor on Wednesday of last week. We left with lots of prescriptions, samples & inhalers...both boys had an "Asthma Home-Care Plan". Still, by Friday, Everett was still wheezing...I had tried everything short of giving him my own lungs. So, I took him back to the doctor Friday night. MORE TREATMENTS & possible pneumonia!! We made it to Monday. I called first thing & asked for a chest X-ray. Whew!! No pneumonia, but back to the doctor's office. By now poor Everett was just done. And I mean...D-O-N-E! The doctor checked him over again & said that if you have a case of asthma that is unresponsive to treatment, then you usually have a pretty mean secondary infection! So, as Everett sniffs long & hard...he taps on his forehead & then his cheeks..."ouch, that hurts." Everett says, quietly. Man, this kid has one wicked sinus infection that keeps the asthma flame burning. I now own the Pharmacy at Albertson's & they have a special parking spot reserved for me. Please keep this sweet kid in your prayers..he is sooooo tired of feeling crummy. This is what you do when you are bored at the X-ray place & need a little distraction!!

No comments:
Post a Comment