Sunday, October 12, 2008
KARTCHNER CAVERNS
Our family, has wanted to tour Kartchner caverns for a while now. With the boys being out for October break, it seemed like a great time to do it. I called for reservations & they were able to squeeze us in. The 15 minute movie about how it was discovered was very informative. We all enjoyed the stalactites, the stalagmites, & columns, etc. I was grateful for the pathway to walk on...instead of the "crawling-on-our-belly" alternative. It was a long day for the boys, they fell asleep in the car on the ride home. It was about a 12 hour round trip, after we: drove 3 hours, stopped at Lacey's, had lunch, visited the cavern, had dinner & then headed the 3 hours home. Notice, the mongo-huge grasshopper that I took a pix of, right next to my hand. I picked up a dead one to show our little scientist Parker...the guide then tells me...."oh, those are poisonous." I was pretty sure that a dead one couldn't hurt me, so I kept carrying it until all of my kids had seen it. I am not dead yet....so, hopefully I will be okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment