Tuesday, May 13, 2008

THE NEW CPR



For Enrichment Night at church, we are touching on 72-hour kits and basic first aid. I was asked to talk a little on CPR....well, I am a wee bit out of touch with the nursing stuff, so I went to the internet. I found some very interesting and NEW facts.

In March of this year, the American Heart Association, endorsed doing chest compressions alone--without artificial respiration--for adult victims who collapse suddenly in cardiac arrest.

The new & improved way to perform CPR, is a 30 : 2 ratio. Meaning, 30 chest compressions & 2 breaths for adults, children & infants. Continue to provide 30 pumps, with 2 breaths until help arrives. These are the wallet sized cards I made, to keep this info handy in case of an emergency.

1 comment:

Duncahoo said...

Hi your blog looks great. I am trying with the new program but having a tuff time. I need to mess with it more. Thanks sooooo much for the prizes, especially the tie!! Your the best and thanks for always thinking of us.