Thursday, August 28, 2008

PETS

After finishing homework, chores & dinner, I sent the boys out to play with the neighbor kids. A short time later, Everett came running in the house, yelling that Parker had new frogs for us...to have as pets! I am still unsure of where the boys across the street, obtained both tadpoles & frogs, but they had 'em. This, became a family event. First, we had to find a suitable location to house our frogs. Tupperware was the most handy & had to suffice until I ran to Walmart to pick up something with a lid. Frogs jump you know!



Although, all of the frogs look the same to me....the kids had given them each a name. They were sure that they could tell them apart & had established ownership of each amphibian. We transferred them to their new home. I wasn't sure any of them were going to make it....they all played dead, for what seemed like an eternity. But, I guess they are resilient, because I checked on them after the kids were tucked in & they were all hopping around.



Our last batch of frogs didn't survive very long. Hopefully, with a little bit of love & attention, these will live to be a ripe old age of....hmmmm, maybe a week. We'll see!

No comments: