Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A CAMPING WE WILL GO!!

It seems so much has transpired in the last two weeks. There have been vacations, camping & back-to-school stuff galore. So, I have lots to catch up on. The weekend before school started for the boys, we went camping with Branden's side of the family.



This is the second year that we have honored this tradition. We are looking forward to many more years to come. The Hoopes family can not say camping with out including rain in the same sentence. I must admit that last year was a small flood, whereas this year was just passing thunder clouds. And, we were prepared!!!

Our accommodations show that we were ready for anything that mother nature was willing to throw at us.



We were able to fit 3 queen sized blow-up mattresses in our tent. I can't imagine trying to sleep on the rocks & dirt. We had uninvited visitors every night. We always knew when they were close--by the lovely skunk smell. Long after everyone had tucked in for the night, the skunks could be heard inspecting our camp.
The kids kept very entertained by practicing shooting cans with their little BB Guns. The axes were a draw as well....not a safe one, I might add. And, after the kids got tired of eating s'mores, they just started to burn the marshmallows.

No comments: