WARNING: THERE WILL BE A LOT OF COMPLAINING, WHINING, AND SELF-PITY CONTAINED IN THIS BLOG ENTRY.
I am officially 33 weeks and 2 days pregnant. That may not seem like very much to some women who just love to be pregnant. I however do not! Do not get me wrong...I love being a mother!! I just love it! But, the 9 months (9 lunar months actually, which really equates to 40 long weeks)it takes to grow a sweet infant is really too long for me. I realize that some mammals are pregnant for far longer...but, like I forewarned I am complaining!
The news that we are expecting another precious individual, to welcome into our family is always a joyous occasion! Then comes the "day-long" sickness! I have been sick with all of my pregnancies, but it seems to have gotten worse with each baby. By the time that the nausea/vomiting has subsided, then I am getting big and uncomfortable.
So, that being said...I am huge! My youngest son has told me that I am not yet as fat as Santa Claus though! My middle son asked if I was too big to stand on a scale anymore. When I shared with him, that I was indeed small enough in stature, to fit on a scale...he then wanted to know how much I weighed. After much persistence...I agreed to whisper my weight to him. "No way!!! You weigh way more than that Mom! You are lying!" Hey, I totally told the truth! I guess that is what you get when you tell a 9 year old how much you weigh!
I have now spent 2 eventful evenings at the hospital with contractions! I am certain that the triage at L&D have deliberately purchased the MOST uncomfortable beds that they could find! That way you won't be tempted to return unless absolutely necessary! Both times, the sweet girls that work there have given me injections to stop my contractions and then sent me home. Don't get me wrong...for this I am grateful! It just is time consuming and a bit exhausting!
I recently read in an article about pregnancy. It stated, that woman should have no problem feeling attractive while pregnant. Hmmm, was this article written by someone that has never experienced pregnancy? Let me tell you about feeling sexy...I am retaining water from my toes to my chin! Cellulite and a double chin do not rank high on the sexiness scale in my book. My limited maternity wardrobe is tight and uncomfortable! I cannot stand, with out experiencing the need to pee all over my self! Oh, and exercising hurts and starts my contractions....so, any hope that I might be fit while pregnant is out! And I am supposed to remain feeling attractive?
It is just NOT happening!
I did just go to the doctor. She would like me to remain pregnant for another 2 weeks. Of which I am fine with...longer really, if my body and this darling baby will cooperate. So, now I have to stay down after 4:00 pm everyday and do all of my mom-duties from a chair! Yeah, it doesn't work out all that well. I know that this too will pass and pretty soon, I will be rewarded with a beautiful baby boy! But, until then, I will commiserate to all of you that are willing to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
you can complain all you want to me. i. feel. ya. i'm only 24 wks. and feel just as miserable. i can't imagine how i'm going to make it through 16 more weeks.
say it sista!! i hope venting was helpful... we're excited to meet this darling new baby - but not for a good 3 weeks at least. let me know how i can help. (i really can help. seriously.)
Oh Amber, I really feel so bad for you! I hate to be preggo for just that reason. I have had the flu for the last couple of days with lots of throwing up which also makes it harder for me to want to get pregnant. The ending is coming soon and we are excited for a new baby boy cousin!
I hear you sister...pregnancy is aweful!!! I agree there is absolutely NOTHING sexy about it!! Looking forward to the beautiful baby boy, I can hardly wait to meet him.... Love you - Lacey
I have never loved pregnancy or delivery, but I love having a little new baby! You are such a terrific mom and sometimes it does feel good to vent! Enjoy your new little one when he comes!
After reading this post, I read that your daughter distributed over 100 invites to a Halloween party - seriously??? You amaze me!
Post a Comment