Friday, March 21, 2008

Really?!! I mean really?!!

BEFORE-

Besides the fact that our family has been eternally sick....poor Parker has had to endure an additional injury! Yes, it looks very gross. I almost didn't take him into the ER...because, after all--it is just a knee. Doesn't everybody have scars on their knee?

Okay, okay...it is a bit large and kinda gaping open.
I took him in already...sheesh! We had to wait in the waiting room for 2 hours. He just hopped around and complained about being sooooo starving. Luckily, his Daddy dropped by some dinner for him and he was fine to just sit and wait his turn. After forever!!!, I went up to the desk and said that we had changed our minds and were planning to go home and butterfly bandage it or something. We had just been sitting there forever and all these gross sick people started to come in. Well, that was the ticket and they took us right back. They X-rayed it to be sure that he didn't have any foreign matter in it, which he did not. Oh...I should probably explain how he got this in the first place.

He was visiting his friends across the street, and knelt on a mother board from inside a DVD player. My poor girlfriend Crystal had to deal with Parker in hysterics....which, for those of you who have not experienced it...is quite a sight. She tried to carry him down the stairs and he death gripped onto their banister. All the while, screaming!! We brought him home and I wrapped it nice and tight. The bleeding had stopped, but it was still a big hole....so to the ER we went. A few shots to numb him up and 4 stitches later....he was a new man!!

AFTER-

2 comments:

Rachel said...

hooray for the update!

this one cracks me up, i can just see it all so vividly. and i love the title :).

jfbast said...

ok. the pictures, gross. too close. just gross. (sorry, no offense)